Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Edinburgh Then

Tomorrow I fly to Edinburgh to visit my good friend The Suk. The upcoming visit conjures up memories of my first trip to Edinburgh two and a half years ago. At the time, The Suk was making arrangements for his move from Amsterdam to Edinburgh to pursue a masters degree in Biotechnology Ethics and Policy. My brother Gee was also contemplating a move to Edinburgh to get his masters in Literature. The Suk, Gee, my friend Sean and I went to Edinburgh together for two days of research, whiskey and bonding. Jon took some pictures during the trip, which remain some of my favorites from my entire time in Europe. In these pictures lie all the emotions of that time: adventure, freedom, possibility, brotherhood, melancholy, homesickness. Or maybe I just like them because they're black and white and look a bit like an 80's album cover.





See you soon Suk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magical pix. I can remember it well: playing the name game for drunken hour after drunken hour, the Scotch distillery, Ocon asking if they would deep fry anything (including his sneaker) and that incredible hike to the top of the wind-swept hill...say hi to Suk and pour some Scotch out for Ocon and me.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home