Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Born Again Oregonian


The past two months spent traveling around Europe has reinforced my sense that I am an Oregon boy through and through. The magificent architecture of Europe is no match to the natural monuments I have grown up worshiping. Shorties beach is one of those earthly Meccas. Descending the old-growth lined passage that leads to the sandy cove is perhaps the closest thing I will ever come to a religioius pilgrimage. A few friends and I spent the last day of 2005 at Shorties climbing rocks, racing tides, leaping streams and wrestling with the white water. My friend D was visiting from Amsterdam and took these pictures.







1 Comments:

Blogger Chum said...

Many more days ahead where that came from! Except that this spring we'll actually get more waves and less whitewater abuse. It'll be good to have you back.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home